How to clean?
We recommend cleaning your wrap with cool water, soft cloth, and in case of need - mild dish soap, after that just let it air dry. We do not suggest harsh scrubbing, because it may affect the beeswax coating. Beeswax wrap might be used for up to one year, depending on usage. Avoid heat, hot water and let products cool before putting in beeswax wrap, because beeswax has a relatively low melting temperature.
- Do not use directly on raw meat, raw fish or pineapple.
- Do not use in the microwave and don't cut food on your wrap.
- Every few months you can pasteurize and 'renew' the wrap by simply putting it in the oven. Just lay a baking paper, and put the wrap in the oven for 3-5 minutes in 150°C.
Reuse it over and over again. When the wrap starts to lose its features, you can renew it with beeswax, or cut it into strips and compost, or use it as a fire starter. Beeswax wraps are 100% biodegradable and compostable.
- Renewing in the oven - Grate regular piece of beeswax or our special beeswax mixture from the online shop, with your kitchen grater. Lay your beeswax wrap on baking paper and heat the oven to 150°C , spread the grated wax on top of your wrap and put it in the oven for about 3-5 minutes, take it out and if needed even the melted wax with a brush. Take it by the corners and let it dry for about 30 seconds. Voila, it's ready! P.S. You can clean your grater with hot/boiling water and a piece of old fabric or paper towel.
- Renewing with a flat iron - Grate regular piece of beeswax or our special beeswax mixture from the online shop, with your kitchen grater. Lay your beeswax wrap on baking paper, spread the grated wax on top of your wrap and add another baking paper on top of the wrap. Heat your iron to the maximum and iron the wrap from the top, let the wax melt and spread all over the wrap. Take off the upper baking paper, take the wrap by the corners and let it dry for about 30 seconds. P.S. Be careful with your ironing board, cover it with old fabric, to be sure not to ruin it just like I did.